Xiao Long Bao is an extremely popular dim sum dish in Singapore. This yummy soup dumpling has been loved by folks across different cultures, Asian and westerners, women and men, kids and adults alike. In the making of this humble dumpling that packs an explosive punch, Pork Jelly is an essential ingredient!
In this class, attendees will get to practice hands on at making this luxurious delicacy themselves!
Menu of Cooking Xiao Long Bao
– 30 mins, introduction and demonstration on dough making
– 15 mins hands on session – attendees practice on making the dough
– 15 mins demonstration and practice on making fillings
– 15 mins demonstration on making making the wrappers and assembling the ingredients
– 30 mins hands on session – attendees practice on the above
A food consultant, instructor and blogger. Cai Li teaches the Xiao Long Bao class at Spoonful. She was born and raised in China and has lived in Beijing, Washington DC and Singapore. She received her culinary training at the Le Cordon Bleu in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2014. She shares easy recipes and stories on homemade Chinese and Asian food on the Facebook page @sentosadough and her blog of www.lets-playdough.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
This class is opened for attendees 18 years old and above only. Spoonful will send future class info or promotion info via e-mail to the attendees after the class.
2. RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
You agree to comply with and abide by Spoonful’s safety and health directions, fire and safety regulations. The event organizer “Spoonful (Alchemist Pte Ltd)” is not responsible for any personal food allergy. Each attendee must take his/her own responsibility for any allergy. You will fully and truthfully disclose to Spoonful in writing any allergy, medical condition, pregnancy, dietary requirements or other relevant health information pertaining to you at the time of your booking. Any food that you take away should be stored and consumed strictly in accordance with our instructions and guidelines, and we do not accept any responsibility for any injury or illness resulting from any food taken away.
3. CANCELLATION OF CLASS/EVENT:
In the unlikely event that a schedule class or event needs to be cancelled, Spoonful will give notification 3 working days prior to the event day, to all the attendees. There will be no refund unless the event itself is cancelled by Spoonful.
4. FORCE MAJEURE:
Should Spoonful be unable to provide for your class or function due Acts of God or any circumstances beyond the control of Spoonful, we will not be responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
5. RIGHT TO REFUSE
Spoonful holds the right to refuse an attendee, or request to be removed from the premises, if the instructor or any staff member feels that the attendee is intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
6. PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY: Spoonful (Alchemist Pte Ltd) and its partner may take photographic or video images of activities at events for our advertising, publicity or sponsorship purposes. Copyright of photos and videos taken by Spoonful & our partners during the event will belong to us. Please inform us in writing prior to the event, if you do not wish to be included. Failing which you irrevocably waive any and all rights which you may have now or in the future including but without limitation any of your rights under the Copyright Act as may be amended from time to time or any similar laws of any jurisdiction, and acknowledge Spoonful and its partners’ right to use your name, likeness and voice and any biographical details, photographs and recordings of you in all media and formats throughout the universe including but not limited to Spoonful’s website and in advertising, publicity, or sponsorship.