Try your hands at some delicious and nutritious vegetable recipes using fresh produce from Gunma prefecture.
Okonomiyaki (Yamato Yam Pancake)
・Yamato Yam – 200g
・Cabbage – ¼
・Cake Flour – 50g
・Instant Dashi Powder – 1/2tsp
・Water – 30-50cc
・Egg – 1
・Pickled Ginger – 15g
・Tempura Flakes – 15g
・Vegetable Oil – 2tsp
・Okonomiyaki Sauce – 2tbsp
・Mayonnaise – 2tbsp
・Aonori (青海苔, Japanese Seaweed) – 1tsp
・Dried Bonito Flakes – 7g
- Grate the yamato yam and place it in the bowl.
- Cut the core of the cabbage, then cut them roughly into long thin strips strips.
- Place dashi powder, cabbage, water, tempura flakes, pickled ginger, egg and cake flour into the bowl with yamato yam, then mix all together.
- Heat up (medium heat) oil in thefrying pan, then pour the batter into the middle.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip the batter upside down, then heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Put the Okonomiyaki onto the plate and spread the Okonomiyaki sauce.
- Top up the Okonomiyaki by drizzling mayonnaise along with sprinkles of aonori and bonito flakes.
This recipe was created as a collaboration work between the Gunma Prefecture & Spoonful Singapore.