Try your hands at some delicious and nutritious vegetable recipes using fresh produce from Gunma prefecture.
・Leeks – 1 stalk
・Butter – 15 g
・Coriander‐Small amount (as you like)
・Plain flour – 20 g
・Milk – 200 ml
・Salt & pepper
・Consommé powder – 1/2 tsp
・Water – 200 ml
Water – 200 ml
- Cut off the leek root heads and slice the white parts of the leaks into 5 cm pieces and thinly slice the green parts
- Boil the water in a pot
- Add the consommé powder and white leek pieces to the water and boil on a medium heat for 10 mins
- Put the butter into another pan on a low heat, add the green pieces of leeks and stir fry
- Sieve the flour into the pan and add the milk, little by little creating a smooth white sauce, add the salt & pepper.
- Grease an oven proof dish with butter, add the white leeks then add the white sauce, then the grated cheese on top
- Bake in an oven at 200 degrees C
- or 10 mins, until golden
This recipe was created as a collaboration work between the Gunma Prefecture & Spoonful Singapore.