Try your hands at some delicious and nutritious vegetable recipes using fresh produce from Gunma prefecture.
・Spinach – 1 branch
・White sesame seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
・Soy sauce – 1/2 tbsp
・Sugar – 1 tsp
・Salt – 2 tsp
- Boil a litre of water in a pot and add the salt
- Wash the spinach and boil it in the water for 1 minute
- Put the spinach into a bowl of cold water
- After a few seconds, remove the spinach from the water and cut into 3 or 4 cm pieces
- Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach with your hands
- Pour the sesame seeds into a grinding bowl and half grind
- Add the soy sauce and sugar to the sesame seeds and mix well
- Squeeze the remaining moisture out of the spinach and add it to the sesame seed mix
- Place the mixture into a dish to serve
This recipe was created as a collaboration work between the Gunma Prefecture & Spoonful Singapore.