Try your hands at some delicious and nutritious vegetable recipes using fresh produce from Gunma prefecture.
・Short pasta (e.g. penne or fusilli) – 150 g
・Tomatoes – 2
・Tara no me (たらの芽 Shoots of the Japanese Angelica Tree plant) – 2
・Garlic – 1 clove
・Salt & black pepper
・Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Prepare the tara no me by slicing off the root head and peeling off the hard skin.
- Boil 500 ml of water, add 10 g of salt and the tara no me and boil for 2 to 3 mins, remove the tara no me and soak in cold water
- Boil water and start cooking the pasta (follow the cooking time on the packaging)
- Remove the tara no me from the water, slice them in half and then diagonally into 2 or 3 pieces
- Cube the tomatoes and finely chop the garlic
- Put the olive oil into a pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, tara no me and tomatoes and gently fry
- Add the pasta and a little of the water in which it was cooked to the tara no me and tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and serve
This recipe was created as a collaboration work between the Gunma Prefecture & Spoonful Singapore.