Singapore, 9 November 2017 – Japan’s Hyogo Prefecture is proud to announce its debut of popular agricultural, forestry and fishery products, here in Singapore. After rounds of successful promotions in Hong Kong, the EU and even the Middle East, the prefecture chose Singapore as its first stop to expand their reach into the South East Asia region; by holding a month-long F&B campaign to introduce its local products to Singaporeans.
Hyogo Prefecture aims to introduce at least 23 different Prefectural products from 14 Hyogo agricultural, forestry and fishery suppliers in efforts to meet the ever growing demands for Japanese food and raise the profile of Japanese cuisine and culture around the world. Targeting the Food & Beverage industry, the campaign kicks off with a one-day exclusive opening event at Pixy, Bar & Cuisine on Wednesday 22 November 2017, followed by a restaurant fair where by customers can enjoy a specially drawn up Hyogo menu for 1 month at Pixy Bar & Cuisine.
Hyogo Prefecture’s Representative Director General Hirofumi Takamatsu, strongly suggests one to try out what Hyogo has to offer at the event. “This event is set to introduce the food produce that Hyogo is ever so proud of and assists to meet the demands of Japanese produce worldwide. Because of Hyogo’s many varieties of climate and topography, our produce like the famous Kobe Beef, onion, seafood by Japan’s best producer of sake, black soybean, crab and even seaweed are all well known to be of high grade and of absolute taste and we want to bring that to you!”
“We hope that one can tell and experience Hyogo’s charm from food to sightseeing at this event and we would like to express our gratitude if you taste what Hyogo has to offer.”
Highlights of the 1 month campaign:
- At the opening event, sample, taste and learn about the unique produce from Hyogo such as Hand pulled somen noodles (Tenobe-Somen Ibonoito), Black soybean products (Tambaguro Black), seasonings like vinegar(Tajima Red Vinegar) and oyster sauce, Japanese sake and seafood such as the Akashi Red Sea Bream, Akashi Octopus and oysters.
- Meet, network and explore business opportunities directly with six of the 14 participating suppliers of these Japanese food produce at the opening event. The rest of the eight suppliers will be represented by Hyogo Prefecture’s representatives due to space constraint at the venue.
- Food tasting of the exhibited food will be prepared by renowned head chef of Pixy, Bar &Cuisine – Chef Nitta Shuhei at the Opening Event
- Enjoy a limited time Hyogo Special Menu featuring the Hyogo products for 1 month, at Pixy, Bar & Cuisine.
- Cooking classes & sale of Hyogo products at ABC Cooking Studio, located within Takashimaya Shopping Center.
- Purchase of Hyogo products is made available through Imei (Exim) Pte Ltd after the 1 month campaign promotion.
Suppliers’ Info & Product List:
Akashi Seafood Wholesale Cooperative
Akashi Red Sea Bream
Akashi Octopus, Akashi Red Sea Bream pickled in sauce （Seafood）
Akashi Red Sea Bream pickled in sauce （Seafood）
Harima Ocean Farm LTD.
Frozen Half-Shell Oyster, Sea Bas
Hyogo Prefectural Federation of Fisheries Cooperative Associations
Hyogo Nori Seaweed, Oyster Sauce
Awaji Island Onions
Odagaki Co., LTD.
Roasted Tambaguro Black
KOYAMAEN CO., LTD.
Organic Jack Bean Tea Small Pack
Terao Mill Co,. Ltd.
Black Soybean Tea
Rokko Miso CO., LTD.
Hyogo Prefecture Tenobe Somen Cooperative Association
Tenobe-Somen Ibonoito Tokkyuhin
Hand-made somen noodles Jokyuhin (senior high-grade） 300 g
Available locally at:
J-mart (3 outlets)
Hinode Tsusho Co.,Ltd. Food Company Tajima Jyozosho
Tajima Red Vinegar（Grain Vinegar）Tajima Drink Vinegar（Acai & Blueberry) Tajima Ginger Vinegar
Available locally at:
KING BREWING CO., LTD.
KAORI HANAYAGU JUNMAISHU （Japanese Sake）, ROKUJO NO SHIZUKU SHOCHU （Wheat Shochu）
Rairaku KEG SAKE （Japanese Sake）
Hyogo Prefectural Government