Try this healthy and simple to make seafood salad with Choya Umeshu!
Choya Umeshu Seafood Marine
( Serves 2 pax )
Choya Umeshu: 4 tablespoons in total (3tbs for dressing and 1tbs for enhancing taste)
Grape Seed Oil : 3 tablespoon
Seafood Mix: 300g
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Lemon: ½ piece for squeezing juice and other half to slice for garnish.
Tomato and Lettuce: For garnish
- Boil the seafood with salt
- Mix 3 tablespoons of umeshu and grape seed oil together.
- Once seafood is boiled, strain the water and add one table spoon of Choya Umeshu to enhance the umeshu flavor.
- Mix the boiled seafood to the mixture from Step 2 and leave in the fridge to chill for a while
- Make the lettuce bed and put the seafood mix carefully on it. Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Garnish and serve
Umeshu is a traditional Japanese liqueur made from ume (plum) fruit. A perfect balance between ume extract and alcohol is achieved by aging the whole fruit, with the stone still inside. The delicious tang of Umeshu comes from citric acid in the fruit, and the refreshing flavour stimulates the appetite. Refresh yourself by enjoying a glass of Umeshu when feeling tired. The addition of alcohol to the fruit during production means that the ume flavour can be extracted not only from the flesh and skin but also from the stone. It is this process which gives CHOYA Umeshu its unique fruity bouquet, with notes of almond and marzipan. (Source: www.choya.com/aboutumeshu.html)
This Recipe is brought to you by: