Japanese Ratatouille is a healthy dish exploding with taste and the best part is that it can be prepared a day in advance, saving you time. This is a classic example using Dashi, Salt and bonito flakes to instill Japanese-flavour to the food.
This recipe is designed and created specially for the exhibition at Japan Booth during FHA 2018.
Zucchini – 80g
Eggplant – 50g
Mini tomato – 4
Baby corn – 4
Shimeji mushrooms – 30g
Dashi pack – 1 sachet
Water – 300ml
Light soy sauce – 1tsp
Mirin – 1tsp
Salt – a pinch
Dried bonito flakes – 1 sachet
- Dice the zucchini and eggplant roughly into 2cm square pieces.
- Cut the baby corn in half diagonally, cut away the hard bottom from the shimeji mushrooms and break them into small clusters.
- Put the dashi pack into the water and bring to the boil on low medium heat about 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove the dashi pack, add the light soy sauce and mirin to the dashi followed by the zucchini, eggplant, baby corn, and shimeji mushrooms and cook for 10 to 15 mins until tender.
- Turn off the heat, add the mini tomatoes and a little salt
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle the dried bonito flakes on top.
*Recipe created specially for Japan Booth at FHA 2018