Try this Curry Udon recipe by Kikkoman for a quick and authentic Japanese meal! Curry Udon is a hearty dish packed full of flavour! It is simple to make and oh so heart-warming, especially on a cold day! This recipe serves 1 – 2 persons.
Fresh Udon Noodles 2 servings
Chicken Tender 80 g
Onion ½ piece
Bonito Soup Stock 2½ cup
Mirin 2 tbsp
Kikkoman Soy Sauce 2½ tbsp
FOR MAKING SOUP
Potato Starch 1 tbsp
Japanese Curry Powder ½ tbsp
Water 2 tbsp
- Slice the spring onions thinly then set them aside for garnish later.
- Slice the onion thinly. Remove the skin of the carrot and then cut into small pieces.
- Cut the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Mix potato starch, curry powder and water, till dissolved.
- Pour the bonito soup stock into a pot and heat it up.
- Boil to soften the carrots and then remove and set them aside. Next cook the chicken meat and then set it aside.
- Put the onions in the hotpot and cook it. Pour in mirin and Kikkoman Soy Sauce once the onions are cooked.
- Add in the curry mixture and the udon noodles.
- Once cooked, serve in a bowl and add the carrot and meat toppings. Then garnish with spring onions.