Quiche & Apple Rosette Tart Class
Tuesday 11/02/2020 @ 11:00 - 14:30$108
Quiche and Apple Rosette Tarts are perfect dishes to serve as we transit from winter to spring time!
In this class, you will learn to make 2 types of Quiche – Lorraine Quiche which is perfect for winter and Green Vegetables with Camembert Quiche which is perfect for spring. (We also have recipes for quiche perfect for Summer and Autumn.)
In each pair, one person will make 1 type of quiche and share half (19 cm) of their quiche with their partner. Each person will bring home half a portion of each type of quiche.
【Apple Rosette Tart】
You will also learn to dye the apples slightly pink with red wine and arrange the apple slices into roses to make an Apple Rosette Tart (16cm).
Learn to hand-make delicious dough for quiche and tarts. Get some tips on how to make the dough like a professional!
- Make Quiche and Tart dough
- For the quiche: After chilling the dough, add the quiche ingredients and bake the quiche
- For the Apple Rosette Tart: After chilling the dough, add almond cream and bake. Then add the cream and arrange the apple slices into roses.
- This class is conducted in Japanese language.
- If you have long nails or painted nails, we request that you wear vinyl gloves (provided), while cooking on that day.
- Kindly remove all jewellery on your hands during the lesson.
- Almond cream will be used in the making of the Apple Rosette Tarts. Those with nut allergies, please take note.
Culinary Instructor Madame Eiko Simon lived in Paris for more than 15 years and mastered her skills at several culinary schools including Boulangerie (Baker shop in French). Armed with her very own homemade French cuisine recipes which were passed down by her mother-in-law, she now stays in Singapore with her French husband and works as a culinary instructor and an event coordinator at Spoonful. In Singapore, she teaches at the Japanese Association regularly too.
Cooking certification: Ryo-ken (Tokyo 2014) Master Chef Techniques, La Cuisine des Chefs (Paris 2013-4) French-bread making, MAISON LANDEMAINE (Paris 2015) Ecole de Boulangerie EBP (Paris 2014).
Be sure to read and understand before applying for our event.
Images are for references only.
Cancellation after class registration will not be accepted unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
Spoonful will not be liable for any food allergies. Please participate in the event at your own risk.
*Please bring along your own takeaway storage containers.