The classy rich flavor of Hojicha goes exceptionally well baked in a cupcake! Frosted with the delectable Murasaki Imo frosting made with Japanese purple sweet potato, the two is truly a match made in heaven.
Makes 22 Mini Cupcakes
Sudakitoh Sugar 70g
Egg 1 (about 50g)
Baking Powder 4g
Hojicha Powder 13g
Cream Cheese 100g
Unsalted Butter 50g
Icing Sugar 20g
Murasaki imo powder 20g
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Cream the butter and Sudakitoh sugar well.
- Whisk the egg and add it into the creamed butter & sugar mixture over 2 to 3 times.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and hojicha powder.
- Mix the batter until combined evenly and there are no lumps.
- Put the batter into a piping bag and pipe the batter into a cupcake mould (3/4 full).
- Bake at 170 degree C for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Cream butter till light & fluffy.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix well.
- Combine both.
- Sift in icing sugar, murasaki imo powder into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
If the frosting gets too hard, add a tea spoon of milk.
*Images are for reference only
Recipe Copyright of Spoonful
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY