Japanese Steamed Rice
Cooking rice may sound simple but there are in fact, tricks and points you can note if you want that steaming hot, fluffy white rice that does is cooked thoroughly with a good consistency, clumped up or broken after cooking, and very fragrant. Check out our recipe for Japanese steamed Rice here! This recipe serves 4 – 6 pax.
This recipe is by Chiyomi Kawasaki
2 cups Japanese Rice
2 cups Water
- Wash and polish the rice – Add some water to the rice. Curl your fingers and gently rub the grains using a constant rhythm and pace.
- Repeat the above step 4 to 5 times until the water is half transparent.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the rice into a rice cooker. You will notice that the rice has expanded (from 2 cups to about 2.5-3 cups)
- Now add 2 cups of water into the rice cooker & set it to cook (~40 mins).
- When done, gently toss and cut the rice.
- Serve hot.
Visit our Spooful SG YouTube channel for more recipe videos.