Serving for 2
- 720ml Water
- 10g Kombu
- 10 leaves Napa cabbage
- 2 stalks Spring onions
- 5 pieces Shiitake mushroom
- 150 gm Kikuna
- 300 gm Miyazaki striploin sliced 1.5mm
Shabu Shabu dipping sauce
- Ebara OISHII Goma Dare (sesame sauce)
- Soak Kombu with water overnight with 720 ml water. (Soaking overnight brings out more flavour but it is not entirely necessary if you do not have the time.)
- Set a portable gas stove. Place Clay pot on the table top stove.
- Bring Kombu water to a simmer over low heat.
- Line the raw ingredients neatly into a clay pot; add the Shabu Shabu stock.
- Bring the broth to a boil to cook the ingredients.
- Add the beef slices briefly into the broth and enjoy with the dipping sauce.
Recipe by Chef Michael Lau
Created for Anzu Meat Factory during our Anzu Meat Factory Cooking Class with Chef Michael Lau