- 300 gm Washugyu Tenderloin Steak
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Coarse Black pepper
- Thaw Washugyu Tenderloin steak for 8-12 hours in the chiller.
- Take out the meat from the packaging and wipe off the juice from the meat.
- Rest the steak at room temperature for 30 mins or until it has a nice bright red colour before cooking.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan at medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add steaks to the same pan and cook about 90 seconds per side, take out of the pan place on a plate and rest for 4 mins.
- In the same pan, reheat the steak 60 seconds on each side. Remove the steak and rest for 1 min before cutting.
- Place the meat on a dish and serve.
Recipe by Chef Michael Lau
Created for Anzu Meat Factory during our Anzu Meat Factory Cooking Class with Chef Michael Lau