- Chocolate Cookie Choux Puffs
These delightful crunchy & chocolatey yummy choux puffs (or call them cream puffs if you want to pardon moi French) are amazingly good for the soul. I mean, come on, it’s Chocolate! And here’s how to make them!
- Chinese Clay Pot Rice
Recipe by Spoonful Chinese Cooking Instructor Cai Li This is a traditional Cantonese dish but now becoming popular throughout China. The rice is slowly cooked in a clay pot, giving the dish a distinctive flavor. It is typically served with Cantonese-style cured pork and vegetables. A perfectly cooked clay pot rice has a great flavor of all the ingredients, with nicely crisped and scorched rice on the bottom of the pot.
- Simple Matcha Tiramisu Recipe
This simple no-bake Matcha Tiramisu recipe is rich, creamy and simply delicious! The goodness of matcha just takes this Italian dessert to a whole new level! Serve it whole or in small containers as individual servings, you’re bound to score some brownie points with this one! This time we’ve added our Spoonful logo with printed out of Takikawa Oblate Edible sheets!
- Homemade Chinese Rice Wine Recipe
Recipe from Spoonful Chinese Cooking Instructor Cai Li This gentle, sweet-sour, marvelously aromatic homemade liquor is a common flavoring for all kinds of China regional cuisines. You can find the rice wine (sometimes called Chinese Cooking Wine) in the Asian supermarkets, but the homemade version is much more delicious and it is surprisingly easy to make. No preservative is added. It keeps for ages in the fridge.
- White Roll Cake with Whole Oranges
This charming white roll cake with whole oranges takes the meaning of refreshing to a new level! The tangy acidic orange goes really well with the sweet soft sponge. Packed with all the goodness of oranges and the happiness of cake, what more could you ask for?
- Pumpkin Chinese Steamed Bun 金瓜馒头
– Recipe by Cai Li Blakeman, our expert culinary instructor on Chinese cuisine- This is what I call the Chinese version of dinner rolls and it can be an easy and healthy breakfast option as well. The golden yellow Chinese Steamed Bun or mán tóu, are made with fresh pumpkin.
- Pomegranate Hidden Heart White Cake Recipe
Need a sweet surprise for a celebration or just enjoy an afternoon tea for two? Why not make a pretty hidden-heart surprise cake that’s perfect for Valentine’s day or those special Anniversaries? Here’s a healthy recipe to share. Made with soy milk, no yolks, and less flour, this cake is high in protein, low in fat and sugar and also suitable for the lactose intolerant! The Pomegranate seeds also add additional fiber, Vitamin C & K, folate, and potassium! Oh! Did I mention that its also great as an afternoon tea snack for those diet cheat days when you absolutely just…. need….. cake….? ^_^
- Shanghai Potsticker Buns 生煎馒头 Recipe
– Recipe by Cai Li Blakeman, our expert culinary instructor on Chinese cuisine- The most popular street snack in Shanghai. These golden-bottomed buns, known as shēng jiān mán tóu in Chinese, meaning pan-fried directly without steaming, are the heftier yet equally irresistible big brother of Shanghai Xiao Long Bao.
- Hojicha Pudding
Hōjicha (ほうじ茶) is a type of Japanese green tea that is roasted over charcoal unlike most Japanese teas that are usually steamed. The tea is roasted in high temperature, which changes the leaf’s colour tints from green to reddish brown.
- Sakura Matcha Latte
Matcha is now recognised to be one of super food and Matcha Latte is getting more and more popular in cafes. Taking more matcha is actually good for health as it is a high source of vitamin C and antioxidants!