Japanese rolled eggs or Tamagoyaki are generally made by rolling together thin layers of seasoned egg in a frying pan. Here Chiyomi Kawasaki sensei shows you how to easily replicate this simple yet nutritious dish at home!
This recipe is by Chiyomi Kawasaki
A pinch of salt
- Crack 4 eggs into a bowl, add in sugar & salt and beat it until well combined.
- Grease the frying pan and heat it up over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot enough, add in 1/3 of the egg mixture and fry over low heat.
- Fold the omelette into thirds and then push the omelette to the far end of the pan.
- Then add in more of the egg mixture. Lift up the slightly cooked omelette and let the raw egg mixture flow under.
- Fold the omelette again and push it to the end of the pan again then add in more raw egg mixture. Repeat these steps until you’ve used up all the egg.
- Then flip the omelette and let it brown slightly on both sides.
- Remove from heat and lay it on a bamboo mat. Gently wrap it with the mat and give it a light squeeze to form the shape.
- Cut the egg into even strips and then serve.
Visit our Spooful SG YouTube channel for more recipe videos.